Google

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Random Sunday thoughts

So MVK is one step closer to the Pocal championship after Friday nights win over Hvidore. It wasn't a pretty match but we managed to pull it out 3-0. Hvidore actually came out pretty strong in the first set. Their young power hitter hit and served well for them. We seemed content to just do enough to win in the first set. Maybe we were distracted by their annoying clapping cheer after every point they scored. We picked up our game in the second set and Hvidore's hopes seemed to be deflating with each point. I can't remember anything memorable from the third set... Except for the MVK hooligans in the crowd with their vulgar chants...Well at least I think they were vulgar...I don't really know what they were saying. They were loud and sweet though!

After the match we were exposed to a relatively new Danish tradition...The Jule Bryg. I had heard that this was going to be quite the celebration. I guess every year around this time the beer companies release a new Christmas beer and everyone flocks to the pubs to drown themselves in it. We went to bo's apartment first to knock back a couple cheaper Jule Bryg's before hitting the pubs. Next we hit up Holmes for a few more rounds. I thought that the crowd at holmes was pretty normal...I thought it would be packed in there...Maybe it was earlier...We didn't' get there until pretty late. After a few drinking games and lots of push ups (thanks to Korsback), we headed down to good ol' Buddy Holly's. There were quite a few people there for a Friday night..but it wasn't packed. Overall, I felt that this tradition was a little too hyped up, but I still had a good time. In my opinion the Jule Bryg's that I drank tasted pretty damn good. They tended to be pretty dark beers with quite a bit more alc % than normal beer. My favorite one was the Albani pilsner Jule ol that Soren brought back from Germany.

I am looking forward to this week very much because of our big matchup this coming weekend vs. Marienlyst. It will be interesting to see how the recent coaching changes will affect their play. I don't suspect it will do much this soon after the change. I have heard that Jordan, their setter, could potentially be injured with a separated shoulder. That could have a profound impact on the match, but I think that their backup setter is good enough to fill at least most of the void if Jordan is out. As for our side, I'm looking forward to a good week of training. Hopefully we can get more than one middle player out to practice! I think Chad would rather just coach during practice instead of having to play middle during all gameplay. The match this weekend is in Odense, so they will have the homecourt advantage. I have been to their gym on one other occasion to watch their match vs. Aalborg. The roof is a little low and is shaped in an upside down 'V' if I remember correctly. They didn't have too many fans out for that match and I don't imagine that will change for our match. Basically as long as we get a good warm up in, I do not see their homecourt advantage as much of an advantage at all. Overall, in my biased opinion, I think we have a slight advantage in this matchup, but it is still really anyone's game for the taking. I think it will come down to which team deals best with runs by the other team. Its gonna be a mental toughness battle!
Anyways I have to jet...Risk awaits!
peace out

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma