Google

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Some Random Thoughts

We took this weekend off from volleyball. 6 whole days without playing volleyball actually! I think this was a great idea. I know my body feels a lot better because of it, especially my shoulder. So now we can look forward to our match next weekend against PVC. I think that they are probably the lowest caliber team in the league...I don't know how they beat DHG 3-0... I don't know how everybody beat DHG so easily...but thats another matter entirely. So ya i'm pretty confident that we will walk all over them. For those of you betting on Nordic Bet, I think that we are a guaranteed money maker. Well thats what I thought against DHG too though, so who knows.
There is actually a good matchup worth watching this upcoming weekend...Marienlyst vs Gentofte...i think. Both teams have players who are injured so I don't know what kind of lineups will show up for the match. I don't think that Gentofte will be strong enough to stay with Marienlyst's faced paced offense if their brazillian sensation is not playing. I predict that Marienlyst will take it in four sets.

We only have three matches left before the xmas break! The months are just flying by here! We have PVC then Aarhus twice. I am looking forward to playing Aarhus because they are the only team I haven't played against yet and because the word on the street is that they hired a new player. I'm not sure but about this but I have heard that their club president at Aarhus is a little bit pissed off at our club. He is mad because we protested our upcoming Pocal Match against them. They won the coin toss or draw or whatever it was that gave them home court in our match. This meant that they were supposed to give us a choice of dates on which to play the game. He gave us our choices after the deadline that was decided in advance. We had a small debate at practice to decide whether or not protesting was an appropriate thing to do. The general consensus was that if the situation were reversed, the other team would do the same thing to us for sure. So, we protested and were awarded home court. I guess this is a pretty big deal for our club to host this match. I think its like the first time in a long time since MVK has been in the semifinal of the Pocal. Anyways I'm looking forward to it for sure!

On the other side of the world...congrats to the Bears for taking down those crazy christians 3-0, 3-0. I always like to see the bears winning, and I really like seeing TWU losing!
I would also like to congratulate the Thompson Rivers men's volleyball team for chalking up their first CIS victory! I am a little confused as to how they won the match while making 31 service errors! yes I said 31. In only 4 sets!

Completely random question: Why is beer so damn cheap in Germany?? We just got 3 flats of beer for 90kroner...thats 18 bucks canadian. Thats 25 cents a beer!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dallas said...

i beleive it was mr. T that said, if the beer is cheep, get drunk and creep... and women.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma