Google

Friday, December 09, 2005

For Satan!

Why being injured sucks ass:

1. The initial pain of actually injuring something can be quite painful. I've pulled muscles, had knee problems, dealt with a sore shoulder, even developed a stress fracture, but none of these compare to the feeling of rolling an ankle. I have a new respect for people who show pain after rolling their ankle. I'm sure there any many other types of injuries that are more painful but I've learnt that the common rolled ankle is nothing to scoff at.

2. The rehab. Rehabilitation is usually slow and painful. Putting limbs into ice cold water for extended periods of time is borderline torture. Along with the pain is the boredom. Sitting on your ass for an extended period of time twiddling your thumbs can become torture also.

3. Watching practice. There is no better way to spend an evening than to walk around a gym shagging balls for two hours. I think I would rather chew my own arm off! (slight exaggeration)

4. Not being able to play. Sitting on the sidelines watching your team play is a weird feeling. The game of volleyball always looks easy when watching from a distance. It looks as though no one should ever make any mistakes. Its easy to watch a play develop and say "oh come on, don't make that set or don't hit the ball into the block!"(as if that's what they intended to do) But I think it is impossible to withhold these thoughts. It is because of these thoughts that I can't wait to get back into the game and rediscover how difficult the game really is.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

You're hurt too now? Too bad, I know how it is, hopefully you'll be back soon...

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma
Mesothelioma